Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Well, I Never...

Prompt 43: Tart Wordcount: 200 words exactly Due: 5 MAy 2020 

Well, I never...


"Did you hear what that tart said to me?"
 
"Who?"
 
"Roberta. Said she was going to steal my man away from me if I wasn't careful. As if she could!"
 
"Which man? Have I met him yet?
 
“Not yet. I’ve only been dating him for a few weeks.”
 
“But, why would Roberta say such a thing?"
 
"Apparently, she's been in love with him since they were in high school. Says I don't treat him right."
 
"Do you?"
 
"Well sure. I mean, I let him buy me things and I go out to fancy restaurants with him. I take him shopping and pick out clothes for him, I even tell him how to cut his hair.”
 
"Do you now?”
 
“I do. And I tell him which friends he can hang out with, and I even let him come over to my apartment once in a while so he can give me a massage and cook me dinner."
 
“And he’s happy with your relationship?”
 
“Well, of course he is! What a silly thing to say.”
 
“Not having met him, I’d say he’s either a wimpy ass, or Roberta’s right, and she probably will steal him away from you.”
 
“Why, you little tart…”

No comments:

Post a Comment